CIPS Elective - Global Real Estate: Local Markets
May 8, 2019, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
200 E. Town St.
Columbus, OH 43215
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE PROMOTIONAL FLYER AND REGISTER VIA MAIL OR FAX.
Global Real Estate: Local Markets is the first of six international courses developed by Global Business and Alliances of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR). This course is designed to introduce real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international real estate transactions. This is the prerequisite course required to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation.
The course is designed to benefit experienced international professionals, individuals with real estate experience who are considering international specialization, and NAR general membership.
As the first CIPS course, Global Real Estate: Local Markets introduces participants to the unique dimensions of international practice. The course is designed to create an awareness of:
- Globalization of economies
- International capital flow
- Effects of currency exchange on transactions
- Basic principles and trends in international investment
- U.S. regulation of inbound investment
- Cross-cultural relationships
- Diversity and inclusive real estate practices
- Marketing and business planning strategies
- Roles and expectations in international transactions
- 6.5 hours of ce credit (Per ODRE requirements, you must be present 90% of the program to receive credit.)
- Credit towards the CIPS Designation.
- Counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied towards the ABR® Designation Course
Instructed by: Furhad Waquad, CIPS Instructor, ABR®, CIPS, CRS, GRI, SFR®, BPOR
HOTEL: Across the street from the Ohio REALTORS offices, we recommend attendees stay at the Holiday Inn. (See below for reservation instructions)
Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
175 E. Town St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
To reserve a room by phone, please ask specifically for the "Ohio Association of REALTORS Room Rate" ($99 per night)
To reserve a room on-line, please click HERE. ($99 per night)
CONTACT/EMAIL: Deanna Wright - email@example.com
About the Certified International Property Specialist Designation (CIPS)
Global real estate opportunities are everywhere. People move to the U.S. from other countries every day and foreign-born individuals residing in the U.S. move to new markets. Americans in your current market may look to invest in property overseas. No matter which audience you cater to, the CIPS designation will provide you with the knowledge, research, network and tools to globalize and expand your business.
To earn your CIPS designation, you will need to complete two core courses, three elective courses, and submit your designation application demonstrating 100 points of international experience.
Courses are available either online or in the classroom and are valid for 3 years. Any courses completed more than 3 years prior to the submission of your application must be retaken to receive credit towards the education requirement of the designation.
Follow the links below for more information.
- Global Real Estate: Local Markets (1 day)
- Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools (1 day)
- Europe & International Real Estate (1 day)
- Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate (1 day)
- The Americas & International Real Estate (1 day)
OR you can substitute ONE of the below for ONE of the above:
- NAR's At Home With Diversity (1 day)
- CCIM - Residential Real Estate Financial Analysis
Upon completion of the courses, fill out and submit the U.S. CIPS application.