The Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fund will provide up to a $1,000 non-repayable grant to residents whose home or apartment were damaged by the tornadoes that hit the region on May 27, 2019.
Through a grant from our National Association of REALTORS (NAR), along with donations from individual REALTORS and our Local Associations/Boards across the state, the Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fund will be providing more than $325,000 in financial relief to qualified residents.
Types of Assistance
- Assistance is available to qualified applicants toward one of the following options: (A) Monthly mortgage expenses for the primary residence that was damaged on May 27, 2019 tornado disaster or (B) Rental cost due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the May 27, 2019 tornado disaster.
- Relief assistance is limited to a maximum of $1,000 per applicant per household.
- Assistance is limited to housing relief only; other expenses including second mortgages, vehicle purchase, rental and/or mileage are ineligible for reimbursement under this program.
- NAR grant funds are restricted to residents of Greene, Mercer and Montgomery counties. (See note below for exception.)
- Note: Ohio REALTORS assistance not tied directly to the NAR grant may be disbursed for expenses beyond direct mortgage/rental payments, such as insurance deductible, hotels, etc. Those awards will be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the fund’s Trustees/Administrators.
- Recipient must be a full-time resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted for residence in the United States.
Deadline to Apply
- Deadline for application submission is Friday, August 16, 2019.
Disbursement of Funds
- In order to provide for a reasonable and equitable distribution of funds, assistance will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All grants are contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Grants awarded from the NAR funding will be jointly payable to applicant and mortgage lender or landlord.
Details, along with the application, are available at:
Contact: Sharon Sample / 614-225-6236 /