Industry Legal & Legislative Update - Cincinnati - Moved to Aug. 19
June 17, 2020, 1:00 pm to 4:15 pm
Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS
14 Knollcrest Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45237
This program has been moved to Wednesday, August 19.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE.
In today’s ever-changing climate, it’s more important than ever for REALTORS ® to keep abreast of the latest information. This seminar will update you on state and federal regulatory issues, legal issues including license law updates, recent cases and other legal issues designed to reduce your risk and potentially help increase your earnings!
How COVID-19 has impacted:
- The real estate market
- Showings and closings
- Residential and commercial lease issues/evictions
- Mortgages and foreclosures
- License renewal/reactivation deadlines
- Record retention duties
- Enforcement and disciplinary actions
What’s happening at the state house and federal level to
- Create first time homebuyer savings accounts
- Amend Ohio’s commercial broker lien law
- Expand license reciprocity
- Eliminate dower rights
- Extend federal time limits on 1031 exchanges and opportunity zones
What you need to know about the home inspector licensing requirements, including:
- The duty to use a licensed inspector
- Exemptions to licensing requirements
- Recommended purchase contact language
- New provisions re: providing list of inspectors
- Conflict of interest provisions
Hot topics and recent court cases on:
- Status update on lawsuit against NAR challenging MLS rules and buyer broker fees
- Ohio Supreme Court ruling on “drop and swap” transactions and determining value for property tax purposes
- Do’s and don’ts for transaction coordinators
- New HUD guidance on emotional support animals
- Agent license transfer issues
Instructors: Peg Ritenour, J.D., Ohio REALTORS vice president of legal services and Lorie Garland, J.D., Ohio REALTORS assistant vice president of legal services.
CE credit: 3 hours of core law credit. Per ODRE requirements, you must be present 90% of the program to receive credit.
Contact/Email: Deanna Wright - firstname.lastname@example.org
"Attending this Legislative update and Legal seminar is one of the best uses of your time! Great information...well presented...great real-life case information presented in an interesting format. This is one seminar you will leave and feel like you've received information that is beneficial to your business." Michael Martin, President Dayton REALTORS®
"This course provides so much important information. The 3 hours flew by and I wished we had more time. Peg is a fantastic instructor. She has knowledge of the various topics and keeps the class interesting with her great sense of humor and ability to relate to her audience." Jennifer Zeller, Midwestern Ohio Association of REALTORS®, Troy OH