20 Hour Post Licensure for Salespeople - Columbus
November 5, 2019, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
November 6, 2019, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
November 7, 2019, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
200 E. Town St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Per HB 532, this course is required of all newly licensed salespeople and must be completed within 12 months of of the date you were licensed.
As you embark on your new career, it is important for you to understand fully the seriousness of the responsibility you accept when assisting others with real estate transactions. The course is designed to update you with current laws, to review basic steps to succeed in the business, and to identify fiduciary duties throughout the transaction. This course will serve as a foundation for the legal and ethical obligations you face.
Topics covered include:
- Basic Business Practice
- Fair Housing
- Broker Responsibilities
- Fiduciary Duties When Listing Property (Working with Sellers)
- Fiduciary Duties When Showing Property (Working with Buyers)
- Advertising Laws & Rules
- Earnest Money - Fiduciary Duties
- Fiduciary Duties Pre-Closing, Closing, and Post-Closing
- The Basics of Property Management
- The Basics of Commercial Real Estate
- The Basics of Short Sales, Foreclosures, Land Contracts and Wholesaling in Ohio
- Federal and State programs
- Current Economic Conditions
- Your Real Estate Duties and Avoiding the Unlicensed Practice of Law
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Check-in 8:30 a.m.)
Wednesday, November 6, 2019 - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Check-in 8:00 a.m.)
Thursday, November 7, 2019 - 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Check-in 8:00 a.m.)
HOTEL: Across the street from the Ohio REALTORS offices, we recommend attendees stay at the Holiday Inn. (See below for reservation instructions)
Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
175 E. Town St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
To reserve a room by phone, please ask specifically for the "Ohio Association of REALTORS Room Rate" ($99 per night)
To reserve a room on-line, please click HERE. ($99 per night)
CE CREDIT: This course is NOT certified for continuing education credit. Your completion certificate will be emailed to you after the full 3-day program is completed. If you need your certificate immediately please contact Deanna Wright at Ohio REALTORS. Per ODRE requirements, you must be present 90% of the program to receive credit.
INSTRUCTOR: Alec Hagerty, ABR, ABRM, BPOR, e-PRO, SFR, SRS
CONTACT/EMAIL: Deanna Wright - 614/225-6229 - email@example.com