Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR) Designation - Columbus
September 26, 2018, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
September 27, 2018, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
200 E. Town St.
Columbus, OH 43215
TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE AND MAKE THE PAYMENT ON-LINE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
TO REGISTER VIA MAIL OR FAX CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE PROMOTIONAL FLYER.
The ABR® Designation: For Real Estate Buyer Agents
The cornerstone of buyer representation, this comprehensive course covers this specialty top to bottom and is required to earn the ABR designation. Who you are, and what you are, make a big difference. ABR® after your name tells buyers that you’ll provide the attentive service they expect – and that you’ll be loyal to them too as you track the scent of their new home together.
Evolution of Buyer Representation
Changing an Agency Role
Office Policy, Standard of Care & Risk Management
Building & Maintaining Buyer Representation Business
12 hours of real estate ce (per ODRE requirements, you must be present 90% of the program to receive credit)
Required course for the ABR ® designation
Included with your tuition, you will receive one free year of membership in REBAC! (A value of $110). Annual dues are $110 each year thereafter.
Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation Requirements
To obtain and use the ABR® designation, you must complete all four (4) requirements:
1. Successful completion of the two-day Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course, including an 80 percent passing grade on the exam (only in states that require this for CE). After you complete this course you will have three (3) years in which to complete the other ABR® designation requirements.
2. Successful completion of one of the ABR® elective courses, including an 80 percent passing grade on the exam. This course may be taken prior to completing the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course.
3. Documentation verifying five (5) completed transactions in which you acted solely as a buyer's representative (no dual agency). Any transactions closed prior to taking the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course or closed within three years after completing the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course are eligible for credit. Documentation necessary for each of your five (5) completed transactions:
- Copy of the signed buyer agency agreement OR purchase/sale agreement OR settlement statement/closing disclosure. The contract must verify the agent's name and/or include the agent's signature as the buyer's agent. Providing only the name and/or signature of the buyer's agent's broker is not sufficient.
- Copy of the settlement statement/closing disclosure or letter from your broker verifying that each transaction closed.
4. Maintain active and good membership status in the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) and the National Association of REALTORS®. Exception: International members of REBAC do not have to be members of NAR.
Important Notes: Upon completion of the two-day course, you will have achieved ABR Candidate status, a three-year period during which you must fulfill the educational and experiential requirements to earn the ABR® Designation awarded by the Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council, Inc. All requirements must be completed within three years of taking the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR® ) Designation Course. Only REALTORS® who meet all these requirements and have been officially awarded the ABR® designation are permitted to call themselves an ABR® and use the ABR® logo.
Dues: 1st year free. 2nd year prorated depending on when the course was taken. 3rd year $110 with a 5% discount if paid online before the end of the year.
Please visit REBAC.net for a full list of requirements for the ABR® designation.
INSTRUCTED BY: Alec Hagerty, ABR, ABRM, BPOR, e-PRO, SFR, SRS
Alec is Broker/Trainer for a real estate company in Elyria, Ohio. With over 20 years of experience, he has taught numerous continuing education programs at Lorain County Community College, Local Boards and brokerages.
HOTEL: Across the street from the Ohio REALTORS offices, we recommend attendees stay at the Holiday Inn. (See below for reservation instructions)
Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
175 E. Town St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
To reserve a room by phone, please ask specifically for the "Ohio Association of REALTORS Room Rate" ($99 per night)
To reserve a room on-line, please click HERE. ($99 per night)
CONTACT/EMAIL: Deanna Wright - firstname.lastname@example.org