Virtual Classroom: 20-Hour Post Licensing for Salespeople
April 21, 2022, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
April 22, 2022, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
April 25, 2022, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
April 26, 2022, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
April 27, 2022, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
CLICK HERE to register and make payment online.
Your payment confirmation will contain instructions on joining the livestream webinar. You must attend all 5 days of the program.
Per HB 532, this course is required of all newly licensed salespeople and must be completed within 12 months of of the date you were licensed.
As you embark on your new career, it is important for you to understand fully the seriousness of the responsibility you accept when assisting others with real estate transactions. The course is designed to update you with current laws, to review basic steps to succeed in the business, and to identify fiduciary duties throughout the transaction. This course will serve as a foundation for the legal and ethical obligations you face.
Topics covered include:
- Basic Business Practice
- Fair Housing
- Broker Responsibilities
- Fiduciary Duties When Listing Property (Working with Sellers)
- Fiduciary Duties When Showing Property (Working with Buyers)
- Advertising Laws & Rules
- Earnest Money - Fiduciary Duties
- Fiduciary Duties Pre-Closing, Closing, and Post-Closing
- The Basics of Property Management
- The Basics of Commercial Real Estate
- The Basics of Short Sales, Foreclosures, Land Contracts and Wholesaling in Ohio
- Federal and State programs
- Current Economic Conditions
- Your Real Estate Duties and Avoiding the Unlicensed Practice of Law
- The program is not considered CE credit.
- Attendees must share their video during the program to receive a completion certificate, as active participation will be monitored.
- You must attend all five days of the livestream to fulfill the 20 Hour Post Licensure requirement. There will be no partial credit given.
- Per ODRE requirements, attendees must be present 90% of the program.
INSTRUCTOR: Alec Hagerty, ABR, ABRM, BPOR, e-PRO, SFR, SRS