Virtual Classroom: Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR) Designation
October 20, 2022, 9:00 am to 12:15 pm
October 21, 2022, 9:00 am to 12:15 pm
October 24, 2022, 9:00 am to 12:15 pm
October 25, 2022, 9:00 am to 12:15 pm
CLICK HERE to register and make payment online.
Your payment confirmation will contain instructions on joining the livestream webinar. You must attend all 4 days of the program to receive credit.
The ABR® Designation: For Real Estate Buyer Agents
The cornerstone of buyer representation, this comprehensive course covers this specialty top to bottom and is required to earn the ABR designation. Who you are, and what you are, make a big difference. ABR® after your name tells buyers that you’ll provide the attentive service they expect – and that you’ll be loyal to them too as you track the scent of their new home together.
Evolution of Buyer Representation
Changing an Agency Role
Office Policy, Standard of Care & Risk Management
Building & Maintaining Buyer Representation Business
Credit (Please read):
- This livestream webinar is certified for 12 hours of real estate credit, required course for the ABR designation. Included with your tuition, you will receive one free year of membership in REBAC! (A value of $110). Annual dues are $110 each year thereafter.
- Attendees must share their video and stay within view during the program to receive CE, as active participation will be monitored.
- You must attend all 4 days of the livestream to receive CE credit and fulfill the requirement for the Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) Designation. There will be no partial credit given.
- Per ODRE requirements, attendees must be present 90% of the program.
Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation Requirements
To obtain and use the ABR® designation, you must complete all four (4) requirements:
1. Successful completion of the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course. After you complete this course you will have three (3) years in which to complete the other ABR® designation requirements.
2. Successful completion of one of the ABR® elective courses. This course may be taken prior to completing the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course.
3. Documentation verifying five (5) completed transactions in which you acted solely as a buyer's representative (no dual agency). Any transactions closed prior to taking the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course or closed within three years after completing the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) Designation Course are eligible for credit. Documentation necessary for each of your five (5) completed transactions:
- Copy of the signed buyer agency agreement OR purchase/sale agreement OR settlement statement/closing disclosure. The contract must verify the agent's name and/or include the agent's signature as the buyer's agent. Providing only the name and/or signature of the buyer's agent's broker is not sufficient.
- Copy of the settlement statement/closing disclosure or letter from your broker verifying that each transaction closed.
4. Maintain active and good membership status in the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) and the National Association of REALTORS®. Exception: International members of REBAC do not have to be members of NAR.
Important Notes: Upon completion of the ABR course, you will have achieved ABR Candidate status, a three-year period during which you must fulfill the educational and experiential requirements to earn the ABR® Designation awarded by the Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council, Inc. All requirements must be completed within three years of taking the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR® ) Designation Course. Only REALTORS® who meet all these requirements and have been officially awarded the ABR® designation are permitted to call themselves an ABR® and use the ABR® logo.
Dues: 1st year free. 2nd year prorated depending on when the course was taken. 3rd year $110 with a 5% discount if paid online before the end of the year.
Please visit REBAC.net for a full list of requirements for the ABR® designation.
Instructed by: Brooke Yussim, ABR, CRS, GRI, PSA, SFR, e-PRO, SRES