What is the Leadership Academy?
The Ohio REALTORS Leadership Academy is an intense nine-month, five-stage program focused on goal setting, communication, business relationships, meeting management and time management.
The leadership development retreats are designed to guide each participant through their own self-discovery process, which will enable them to become a more positive influence within their own communities and within the industry as a whole.
The 2019 Leadership Academy Retreat Dates are as follows:
- Welcome Webinar: Nov. 28, 2018: 10 a.m.
- Session 1 – January 27-29, 2019: Columbus, OH
- Session 2 – March 25-26, 2019:TBD
- Session 3 – May 6-7, 2019: Chagrin, OH
- Session 4 – August 5-6, 2019: Millersburg, OH
- Session 5 – September 14-15, 2019: Cincinnati, OH
Who Should Apply?
REALTOR members who are interested in becoming more active and involved in leadership positions within their communities, local associations, state association and national association should apply.
Consideration will also be given to applicants who demonstrate an ability to contribute to diversity based on age, gender, ethnicity, geography, specialty, etc.
What is the Commitment?
- Attendance at all five retreats and sessions is mandatory
- Those who fail to attend may be asked to withdraw, with NO refund of tuition
- Members of the class are expected to be punctual as well as be active in the program
- Room and lodging is included but applicants must share a room. If an applicant would like to have a single room he/she must pay for the cost of the lodging for the retreat(s)
INTERVIEW DATES: Nov. 13-14, Ohio REALTORS Headquarters, Columbus
- Participation in the Ohio REALTORS Leadership Academy is open to REALTORS licensed in Ohio.
- All Ohio REALTORS in good standing are eligible to apply to the Leadership Academy
- Applicant must be a REALTOR or REALTOR Board staff for a minimum of two years from the submission date of the application
- Applicant is to have no pending litigation currently or from the past five years from the date of the application
- Tuition for the program is $1,000. The tuition helps cover expenses for speakers, training sessions, meals, overnight accommodations and instructional materials for all five retreats. Additional costs to the participants will include transportation from home to the retreat site and select minimal expenses which may be incurred.
- A $250 application fee must accompany this application. Your application fee will be applied towards tuition if you are accepted as a candidate and returned if you are not selected.
- A signed application which includes commitment to attend ALL Leadership Academy program
- Please submit a recent photograph with your application for use in publications and publicity
- Please include three letters of reference with your application (specific criteria contained in application
Hear what previous Leadership Academy participants have to say about the program ...
Ralph Mantica ... Heather Zimmaro ... Joanne Zettl ... Dan McQuillen ... Cole Cannon
Staff: Stacey Dawson / ">
Leadership Academy Class of 2018
|2018 Graduates: Dennis Hitchcock, Kyle Oberlin, Jennifer Allen, Tricia Tennyson, Jo-Ann McFearin, Sarah Martie, Kathy Shiflet, Jan Jedlinsky, Brian Whitta and Monica Bass