CRB Elective – The Firm Rules: Company Policies to Mitigate RIsk
December 11, 2018, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
200 E. Town St.
Columbus, OH 43215
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE.
TO REGISTER VIA MAIL OR FAX PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE PROMOTIONAL FLYER.
The Firm Rules: Company Policies to Mitigate Risk
(CRB) Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager – One-Day Elective Workshop
Company policies are essential to mitigate risk and limit liability. This course provides a checklist of items that should be included in a policy manual and introduces options for each component. From federal mandates, state regulations and Code of Ethics compliance to employment laws, data security, and brokerage policy options, you’ll come away with a clear understanding of what should be addressed.
Learning Objectives include:
- Discuss why standardized policies and procedures are necessary to a real estate brokerage.
- List the items that should be included and addressed in a typical policies manual.
- Provide an overview of federal employment laws and list the components that should be addressed in an employee handbook.
- Describe the variety of risks associated with data collection and storage as well as the risks associated with social media activity.
- Detail brokerage operation policies regarding independent contractors.
- Describe non-discrimination policies that should be instituted to address the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Housing Act, the American’s with Disabilities Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and state and local laws prohibiting discrimination.
- List six federal policies that are essential to a brokerage policy manual (Fair Housing, Code of Ethics, Do Not Call, CAN-SPAM, Sherman Antitrust and IRS exemptions).
- Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate brokerage policies.
- Enumerate state license law regulations that should be included in a policy manual.
- Identify other brokerage policy options that should be considered and addressed to reduce risk.
- 6.5 hours broker/manager credit
- Elective for the CRB designation
Without exception, attendees must be present for 90% of the published class time in order to receive continuing education credit.
Instructed by: Marlene Burkhart, ABR, BPOR, CDPE, CIPS, CRB, CRP, C-RETS, CRS, e-PRO, GREEN, RENE, SRES, SRS
OVERVIEW OF REQUIREMENTS TO EARN THE CRB DESIGNATION
The CRB Designation Program and the ENTIRE menu of courses has been reinvented and refreshed to meet the professional development needs of today's broker, owner and manager. Earning the CRB Designation has never been simpler!
- Complete all CRB Designation Program Requirements within four (4) years of enrolling (starting with the date of their first CRB course or submission of application form).
- Obtain or hold active membership in the National Association of REALTORS® as a REALTOR® or REALTOR® -Associate (US Only).
- Complete 3 CRB Education electives and 2 Experience electives.
- Have at least one year of management experience prior to designation (may be obtained while pursuing the CRB Designation as a Candidate). For a complete description of qualifying management experience, review the full CRB Designation Rules & Regulations.
- Submit a management resume outlining your experience.
- Complete and submit the Designation Application and one-time Designation Fee ($150 - submitted ONLY once you have completed ALL the requirements).
For an easy to view overview (picture) of the steps required click HERE.
HOTEL: Across the street from the Ohio REALTORS offices, we recommend attendees stay at the Holiday Inn. (See below for reservation instructions)
Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
175 E. Town St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
To reserve a room by phone, please ask specifically for the "Ohio Association of REALTORS Room Rate". ($99 per night)
To reserve a room on-line, please click HERE. ($99 per night)
CONTACT/EMAIL: Deanna Wright - firstname.lastname@example.org