Division continues to face delays in processing salesperson license applications
By Anne M. Petit, Superintendent, Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing
Due to many factors, including a high volume of deficient applications, we are currently experiencing longer than normal delays in processing new salesperson license applications. Processing time for a salesperson application is now 2-3 weeks from the time the Division receives it. Also, PSI is scheduling exam dates at least several weeks out, as they are required to continue operations under the Safe Restart Ohio guidelines. Please communicate this information to your applicants – and other affiliated licensees – to help set expectations on timeframes. Calling the Division only takes staff away from processing applications. Unfortunately, with the pandemic, our process is further hindered, and we’re unable to meet our usual turnaround times.
For fastest processing, work with your applicant to ensure that these guidelines are followed:
- Applications are fully, accurately completed. All fields must be filled out, proof of successful completion of all four pre-licensure courses and $81 fee must be included. We are processing correctly completed applications first. Approximately 50% of the apps we are currently receiving are deficient in some way.
- Applicants must disclose ANY conviction, misdemeanors and felonies, regardless of how long ago it happened. Applicants disclosing a conviction should include a letter explaining the incident in detail. Copies of conviction documents must be included. DUI/OMVI/OVI convictions are NOT minor traffic violations and must be disclosed.
- The information must be legible, including the applicant’s email address. If we cannot read the email address, the applicant may not receive their scheduling email from PSI.
- Regular mail is the best way to submit an application, along with the fee. To keep our staff and licensees safe, we cannot accept walk-ins at this time.
- Please only call or email our office once within 24 hours to check on the status. Applicants who call multiple times, or both call and send an email, cause us to duplicate efforts and slow our overall response time.
- If an applicant receives the PSI email and is still having trouble scheduling, please have them reach out via email to: ">.
The entire staff is working hard to gain ground and get applications processed faster – we need your help. Thank you in advance for your help in getting through this in good shape, together!