Important Annual Convention health & safety protocol update
By Scott Williams, Ohio REALTORS Chief Executive Officer
Last week, the Executive Committee of Ohio REALTORS committed to conducting an in-person Annual Convention this year.
To ensure the safety of our members due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the Executive Committee adopted the following requirements for all attendees:
- Masks must be worn properly throughout all Ohio REALTORS programs/events unless you are actively eating or drinking;
- Proof of first vaccination shot or a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of arrival (NOTE: No testing will be conducted on-site);
- Completion of an online Health Survey Questionnaire that will be sent by Ohio REALTORS to all attendees in advance of the Annual Convention;
- There will be no on-site registration this year. The deadline to register:
- In-person deadline -- Monday, Sept. 20 at 5 p.m.
- Virtual deadline -- Friday. Sept. 24 at 5 p.m.
Additionally, compliance officers will be at the Hilton Easton throughout the Annual Convention to ensure adherence to the protocols and to protect everyone’s safety.
Meeting rooms will be arranged to maximize social distancing to the best of our ability. We will also offer overflow rooms to accommodate attendees for our bigger sessions (such as the Opening General Session).
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, your Ohio REALTORS has stressed the importance of working smartly and staying safe. We believe that the common-sense protocols that have been adopted will help our members, exhibitors, speakers and guests navigate our Annual Convention safely during these uncertain and uncharted times.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that we will continue to offer a Virtual Convention option for any member that is uncomfortable with our policies or attending our gathering in-person. We will be happy to convert your registration – please let us know how we can help.
We have an amazing event planned and I look forward to “seeing” each of you later this month!