We are your professional partner...Here are some of the services and advantages Ohio REALTOR members receive:
- Representing you and your customers with the Ohio General Assembly:
- Protecting your hard-earned commission from being subjected to the state sales tax.
- Guarding private property rights and advancing initiatives that encourage property ownership.
- Lobbying for reasonable regulations.
- Serve as a liaison with the Ohio Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing on behalf of REALTORS®.
- Coordinate grassroots to strengthen the profession’s voice on policy matters.
- Supporting candidates who protect real property ownership.
- Assist Boards/Associations with financial support for local issues.
- Ohio My REALTOR Party
- Supporting you, your brokerage & your Association on legal matters:
- Legal support through financial assistance and friend-of-the-court briefs on industry-important legal cases through the Legal Action Fund.
- Provide analysis on important legal decisions.
- Operate the Legal Assistance Hotline, providing brokers access to legal information.
- Conduct continuing education programs on timely legal topics, including the highly popular Industry, Legal & Legislative Seminar.
- Prepare articles, white papers and other resources on pertinent legal issues.
- Conduct attorney roundtables for Boards/Association and brokerage legal counsel.
- Speak on legal topics at Local Board/Associations meetings and functions.
- Analyze legislation and testify before the Ohio legislature.
- Helping you increase your professionalism and advance your understanding of the intricacies of the real estate industry:
- Develop high quality curriculum on industry topics for all aspects of real estate – residential, commercial and appraisal.
- Continuing education courses offered in the classroom and online; additionally coordinate professional development opportunities at meetings and Convention.
- Offer professional designation programs.
- Co-sponsorship of CE with Local Boards/Associations
- Specialty webinars on emerging trends.
- Develop future industry professionals via Ohio REALTORS Charitable & Education Foundation scholarships.
- Creating opportunities for you to extend your referral partners statewide and locally:
- Ohio REALTORS Annual Conference & EXPO every fall.
- Ohio REALTORS Spring Legislative Conference every spring.
- Young Professionals Network.
- REALTORS Political Action Committee (RPAC) which, in addition to its critical role in association advocacy, offers opportunities to network with some of the real estate industry’s most involved practitioners.
- Offer Forums on Business Technology, Legal Issues, MLS, Local Government, Professional Standards, and Residential Property Management & Investment, to encourage networking, discussion and in-depth exploration.
- Conduct Ohio Association Executives Seminar to assist in the professional development of Local Board/Association staff & AE Education Workshops at the Annual Convention.
- Conduct the Ohio REALTORS Leadership Summit annually to help Local Board/Association President-elects and executive officers prepare and plan for the upcoming year.
- Ohio REALTORS Leadership Academy to foster the development of future REALTOR leaders.
- Operate the Tomorrow’s Leaders Today program and host an event during the Annual Convention to provide a better understanding of the organization and encourage involvement.
- Conduct a Leadership Conference every October to provide incoming leadership of Ohio REALTORS committees and forums an opportunity to develop programing and services.
- Host special events/receptions for Ohio REALTORS attending National Association of REALTORS meetings/conferences.
- Award programs: REALTOR of the Year, Excellence in Community Service, Distinguished Service Award, Phillip R. Barnes RPAC Achievement Award, Vincent T. Aveni Lifetime Achievement Award, YPN Chapter of the Year, Local Board/Association RPAC Awards, and President’s Sales Club.
- Producing Ohio-specific market research:
- Conduct annual profiles of Ohio Home Buyers & Sellers.
- Conduct Ohio REALTOR Member Profiles.
- Monthly compilation of home sales in Ohio.
- Monthly compilation of pending home sales in Ohio.
- Monthly compilation of Ohio REALTORS Confidence Index.
- Ohio Market Watch — providing insight on Ohio real estate.
- Lunch Box Economics — information from top economists.
- Conduct research to assist Public Policy staff on legislation.
- Offering special pricing and value-added products and services from major providers:
- The UPS Store – shipping and business services
- Office Depot – discounted pricing for your office needs
- TaxBot – web-based expense tracking system
- Nationwide Insurance – auto and home policies
- VIP Pet Insurance – coverage for dogs, cats, birds and exotic pets
- Ohio State Park Resorts – discounted room rates at Ohio’s seven state park resorts
- Fromyouflowers.com – floral and gift items
- Insight Technology Solutions – discounts on Apple products (excluding iPhones)
Professionalism and Cooperation
- Advancing your industry through standards of professionalism:
- Promoting compliance with the REALTORS Code of Ethics, the cornerstone of the REALTOR organization and the distinguishing characteristic of your membership.
- Exhaustive review of Local Board/Association compliance with NAR Core Standards to ensure top-notch service.
- Equal Opportunity Diversity Committee to strengthen our commitment to Fair Housing.
- Professional standards procedures training and certification renewal.
- “We Are Ohio REALTORS” video series to boost the REALTOR image and stature.
- Publish three issues of the Ohio REALTOR magazine.
- Maintain a dynamic website — www.ohiorealtors.org
- OAR Daily Buzz — an online gathering spot for news & insights for Ohio’s REALTOR community.
- eConnection – weekly news digest delivered to your inbox.
- Social media – Young Professional Network Facebook, Ohio REALTORS Facebook, Twitter, Instagram