Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fund has already sent nearly $150K to tornado victims
Ohio REALTORS President Anjanette Frye explains the help the Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fund can provide to a tornado victim
By Scott Williams, Ohio REALTORS Chief Executive Officer
The Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fund has already provided nearly $150,000 in non-repayable grants to 230 residents of the communities that were affected by the tornadoes that ripped through Ohio on May 27.
The Fund, which was launched on June 6, is providing up to $1,000 in direct mortgage or rent payments to qualified applicants whose home or apartment were damaged by the tornadoes. The funds are providing much-needed relief to residents:
From a Dayton homeowner -- "We appreciate what you are doing for the families of the tornadoes. We live in a community that was hit very hard. When we look outside the landscape and look of our neighborhood is strange and surreal. Even if we aren't chosed to get help we just wanted to saythank you very much for supporting all of the families that had their lives changed in the minute or two while they prayed and took cover in their homes."
From a Trotwood homeowner -- "I just want to take time out and let you all know how appreciative me and my family are for the disaster relief help. My family and I are very thankful -- please let all parties involved know our appreciation."
The Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fuind, with the assistance of a grant from the National Association of REALTORS and donations from individual REALTORS and Local Boards/Associations, will be providing more than $325,000 in relief to help rebuild communities. Special thanks to the following Local Boards for their generous support to the relief effort:
- Beaver Creek Association
- Cincinnati Area Board
- Columbus REALTORS
- Dayton REALTORS
- Delaware County Board
- Knox County Board
- Medina County Board
- Midwestern Association
- Springfielf Board
- Toledo Regional Board
- Wayne-Holmes Board
- Youngstown Columbiana Association
Additionally, the following individual REALTORS and staff members from our Local Board/Associations and Ohio REALTORS have made donations to our relief fund (listed by Board/Association):
- (Akron Cleveland Association) Cyndi Kane, Sandy Naragon
- (Beaver Creek Association) Ronald Bryer, Linda Courtney, Dale Meller
- (Butler-Warren Association) Brad Knapp
- (Cincinnati Area Board) Marc Grafton, Sheila Holmes-Howard, Karen Lampert Pizzimenti, Lori Ryan
- (Columbus REALTORS) Stan Collins, Michelle Groff, Key Properties Realty Johnstown, Jeannine Marie Kuhns, Barbara Lach, Sue Lusk-Gleich, Chris Reese, Mary Katherine Sunderman
- (Dayton REALTORS) Kara Barbara Markworth
- (Lake & Geauga Area Association) Sheryl Stanley
- (Midwestern Ohio Association) Angela Ann Szaruga
- (Ohio REALTORS) Carrie Arblaster, Nikki Arnold, Jenna Bragg, Shauna Brown, Annette Cole, Stacey Dawson, Debbie Dillon, Nikki Gasbarro, Carl Horst, Robin Jennings, Garry Moon, Cherie Murray, Peg Ritenour, Sharon Sample, Beth Wanless, Scott Williams
- (Wayne-Holmes Association) Jennifer Wiles
- (Non-member) Felicia Billoups, Mary Lebeau
Ohio's REALTOR community prides itself on helping to make home happen and on helping to build communities. We are grateful to NAR, along with our partners at Dayton REALTORS and the Midwestern Ohio Association of REALTORS, for their assistance and support in helping those affected by the storms. CLICK HERE if you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to our Ohio REALTORS Housing Disaster Relief Fund. Also, if you have a family member, friend or neighbor that was adversely affected, encourage them to CLICK HERE for complete details on our relief fund and to access the application.